- Listing all the music tracks contained in selected folders in the user’s computer hard-drives
and removable storage media
- Make a playlist of the some of the user’s music, somehow selected, to transfer onto a
- Compile a list of duplicate items, and albums with missing tracks, and perform filesystem
operations to re-organise the items
- Allow the user to specify which music is most important to them, to allow selective backups
- Using web-services to locate additional information about the music stored on the user’s
hard drive and removable storage
- Use Libraries to provide information to the user about their music collection, and allow them
to process it is useful ways.
- Make lists of music that the user may want to acquire, based on their collection
- Compare two users’ music collections to show the similarities and differences
- Acoustic fingerprinting using Echoprint to identify tracks by an audio sample.
- Retrieving cover art for albums using Discogs or Cover Art Archive API's.
- Using web services to locate information and store in ID3 tags.
- Getting a list of events an artist has played at using [url removed, login to view] and plotting locations on a map.