virtual reality by google cardboard android programming+NFC
Our goal with this project is:
• “Google’s Cardboard Camera” based Application with more and simple user-friendly features such as categorizing the 360 degree photos embedded with the NFC Tag.
• Educational: instruct the students in ages 12 – 14; emphasis on simple interface.
• User friendly interaction so that the experience is not boring.
• Support right-to-left Persian language in whole application.
• Using a smart phone to do all the functions.
The objective of this RFP is to locate a source that will provide the best overall value . while price is a significant factor, other criteria will be described in next sections.
B) Submission Guidelines & Requirements
The following apply to this RFP:
A price proposal should be provided and it should indicate the overall fixed price for the project.
The price proposals should be provided in separate packages including:
• Android platform
• iOS platform
• Source code included
• Without Source Code
• NFC Support
• Without NFC support
Proposals must be signed by a representative that is authorized to commit bidder’s company.
The timeline of this project will be subject to negotiation.
C) Project Description
The purpose of this project is as follows:
We are about to mobilize a school with a VR-based procedure to teach students in experimental way so that the effectiveness of education will be improved.
This project will help out the students to see and realize a certain landscapes, forest, animals, air, clouds, and such environments.
In this case this project must be simple user-interaction, have maximum usability with minimum of settings, configurations and customization.
D) Project Scope
Like “Google’s Cardboard Camera” , we need such application that can take 360 degree photos and put audio on photos as a guidance while viewing in VR Headset screen; But we need more than that as follows:
• Capability to categorize a group of photos in a very simple way.
• Edit, delete and rename groups in a quick solution.
• Support right-to-left Persian language interface
• Capable to embedding NFC Tags to each individual category such as “category-jungle” so that if a user/student put him/her smart phone near the NFC Tag, the first 360 degree photo of that category will be shown instantly and they can see through VR Headsets without any searching, selecting-that may leads to confusing. In fact we want using NFC Tags to avoid the selecting, settings, options, configurations and other boring and time-wasting choices (that is not suitable for 12-14 students). we want to run the App instantly with a start point of first 360 degree category’s image with only reading the NFC Tag by the smart phone.
• In app interface: this project will need a solution to see photos in a simple effective way, with 3D buttons “next” and “previous” on the VR Headset Screen, so that the user can easily see all the photos of that category in a user-friendly and obvious way.
• No need to sign in/sign up or importing/exporting from servers and it will be a fully localized App
• The default “next” , “previous” and “exit” buttons/functions in all image categories in the VR Headset screen will be at the bottom of the 360 degree photo, so the user will always look down to choose a function. And for advanced users this positions are configurable.
• No limit of group counts, contents and so the only one limit will be the device free space.
• For advanced users and certain uses this will be considered: allowing to append descriptions to each individual category and 360 degree photo and this characters will be shown on the VR Headset screen depend on user’s option that are configurable.
E) Evaluation Factors
we will rate proposals based on the following factors, with cost being the most important factor:
• Responsiveness to the requirements set in this RFP.
• Relevant past performance