I need to parse and import a .csv file to a MS SQL database. Here is a sample of the .CSV file:
So the first row contains the headers, and the next the data. The columns are always the same, they don't change from one file to the next. I need to have a program that will take the files and import them in an SQL database. The requirements are as follows:
1) There must be a table per unique symbol. In this case one for AACC, one for AAIT, one for AAME, etc. If the program sees a symbol for which a table doesn't exist, it must create the [url removed, login to view], if there already is a table for that symbol only an insert is necessary.
2) The format for each table is as follows:
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[AAPL](
[Symbol] [varchar](20) NOT NULL,
[Index] [bigint] NOT NULL,
[Open] [float] NOT NULL,
[High] [float] NOT NULL,
[Low] [float] NOT NULL,
[Close] [float] NOT NULL
) ON [PRIMARY]
3) The column INDEX is derived from Date. Here is the code I'm using now:
DateTime dt = [url removed, login to view](csv[DATEFIELD])
static int ConvertDateToBarNumber(DateTime dt)
* Defines a unique index for each minute, starting on 2000/1/1 00:00
return ([url removed, login to view] - 2000) * 525949 + [url removed, login to view] * 43829 + [url removed, login to view] * 1440 + [url removed, login to view] * 60 + [url removed, login to view];
This is basically the number of minutes elapsed since 1/1/2000
4) This should be a console application, not windows forms. I would like to specify only the folder where the .csv files are located, and the program will automatically process all .csv files in the folder. I would also like to have an option to DELETE the file after it is processed.
Hi! I am interested in your project and like to help you out. Got the .NET, MSSQL and stock trading skills to do the work. Looking forward to hear from you!
44 фрілансерів(-а) подали заявки на цю роботу; середня заявка - $72
Hi, I'd like to help you on this. It looks pretty straightforward, although I do have some minor questions that we can clarify upon bid acceptance. I look forward to working with you! regards, Johnny