I need a recommendation engine to match people with the right jobs. Essentially, we have a list of jobs with various characteristics: Company name, title, job function, Location of job, Fulltime / part-time, List of skills required, Degree(s) required, Desired experience in years, Days since posting, Company size, Company logo, Application link
We also have candidates with the same / similar characteristics / preferences. Example: location preference, full-time / part-time, skills possessed, degrees possessed, experience in years possessed
1. We need to match these candidates with the right jobs based on characteristic matching
2. Beyond just this, we need to match candidates with jobs based on their past choices (i.e. likes and dislikes on jobs). Like Netflix would show movie recommendations based on past viewing
3. Then, we also need to match candidates with jobs that other similar candidates chose. Again, like Netflix would show movie recommendations based on preferences of others like you
The code should be super high performance. Meaning, the models should react in real time and improve matches on the fly (so if a user gives his / her preference on 10 jobs, the models should react and show an updated list).
What do you think? When you respond to me, please respond to the following questions:
1. Are you comfortable with this project (and everything I listed above)
2. At a high level, how are you planning on designing this (needs to be leveraged by a web app / mobile app)
3. Can you think of ways to make it better
Looking forward to working with you!