I run a small internet community wich includes its own irc server. On the site we have a java application (Jpilot) as webchat interface for the irc server, but its pretty buggy and i'm not happy with it. I recently came across the irc webchat of icq ( [url removed, login to view] ) and it looks like they have everything in flash. It loads fast, has all the needed options and should work in all common browsers. So I want something like that too for my own site :)
I could not find any opensource script, and I dont have the skills to make it on my own, so I am looking for someone who can make this for me.
Technical details of what I want :
* A simple interface in Flash , that can easily be placed in an excisting html or php page. It should somehow reflect the "standard" chat layout that you also see in chatprograms like mIRC ([url removed, login to view]) :
- A typical layout would include a main textfield for displaying all chat, a nick-list on the right and a textbar below to input your text.
- It should provide 4 types of windows that could be tabbed within the same application. These are : a status window for all technical messages from the server, a channel listing to show all current rooms with their topics and number of users, a chat room window showing all text from 1 specific channel, and a private chat window for 1-1 chat with another user. It should be possible to have multiple instantions of channel and private windows. Status and channel window only need 1 of each. Again, this setup is similar to that of mirc or another chatprogram, if you are bit familiar with irc you'll surely understand what I want.
* It should provide support for basic irc commands as /me /nick /join /part /voice /op /kick /ban /list /query /whois /topic ...
It would be nice to have a small menu for those commands on relevant places. Rightclicking on a user should for example give the option to perform a query. And optional : if you have operator status it should also give you commands for voice, op, kick and ban. (and again: compare to mirc).
* It does -not- need support for displaying smileys or sending colored text to the server (just mentioning here because most of the java versions have that, and the icq flash example too). Sending plain text to the server when pressing enter in the interface is good enough.
* the flash application will be embedded in our current site, and I want a way to config the application with parameters. Such as html #rbg colors for all major parts of the interface (text, background, borders, etc), for choosing a font type/size , and setting the dimension of the flash application. It should also be possible to set a room (one or more) that should be joined when the connection is made with the irc server. With all this it should be possible to use the same flash application more then once on the site, but with different colors,dimensions and settins as paramaters.
* The nicklist should correctly display typical irc modes as "@" "%" "+" and sort them as high to low. (again, just as in mirc). The irc server in use is an Unreal3.2 version, but keep in mind that the application might have to support other modes too in the future. In the text field for the channel chat window it would be nice to have timestamps as option, and also an option to show the @%+ modes there too. (settable as option, see above).
* The whole application should run as smooth as possible. No whistles and bells needed, just a good handy webchat for our irc server.
I will glady give more explanation of this if needed. I know what I want, I'm just not able to make it myself.
6 фрілансерів(-и) у середньому готові виконати цю роботу за $809
Hi. I´ve understood your requirements and I´m able to fulfill them, but I needd some more detail (Flash player version You choose, Server Side Tech you are using...) Please Contact me.