I am looking for someone to build a mobile phone application that will use Bluetooth 4.0 to communicate between a phone and a Bluetooth 4.0 tag. The application will be for the purpose of exchanging information between the phone and the tag, but also for tracking the location of the tag. The first version of the application will only need to have the ability to track the tag.
There are a couple of Applications on the market that will track Bluetooth tags. Here are a couple of them:
BLE Sticker: [url removed, login to view]
Geko Tag : [url removed, login to view]
StickNFind: [url removed, login to view]
Kensington Proximo: [url removed, login to view]
Some of the issues that I am finding with these apps are that some of them only track one tag at a time, some only work on Samsung hardware, and some are unstable and crash a lot. The StickNFind application has most of the functionality and appearance that I am looking for though. I would like for my application to have the same functionality as the StickNFind application.
This application will be used by the general public.
Here are the requirements and characteristics for the app I would like to build:
• Android based application that will work on devices that utilize Bluetooth 4.0. I would like for the app to include drivers that will allow it to work on Motorola, LG, Samsung, HTC, and various other hardware that have Bluetooth 4.0 capabilities. (I would like to develop this app for iPhone at a later time as well)
• The app should be able to “tether” or link up to multiple tags. At least 5. The user should be able to customize the name and image for each tag that it is linked to.
• The Bluetooth tags will also have a small speaker and LED light that will buzz and flash in order to assist with the location function. The app should have the ability to activate or deactivate these functions.
• The app should have a radar screen or map like the StickNFind app, that shows your distance to the tag you are locating.
• I would also like the application to contain a “score card” function for keeping track of a game of golf. I would want to copy the basic functionality of this app: [url removed, login to view]
This shouldn’t be complicated. Just a function that allows the user to input their name, hole number, par for the course, number of feet to the hole, how many strokes they took, etc.
Please let me know if you need any additional information about what is required.