Muntjac 0.85 is a 100% open source ASP.NET Code Generator written 100% in VB.NET. All source code is freely available at:
<[url removed, login to view]>
and is licensed under <[url removed, login to view]> .
Muntjac is capable of auto-generating VB.NET Data Access Layer code based on the tables definitions in an MS-SQL 2000 database. Similar competing products include itecDataLayer ( <[url removed, login to view]> ), CodeSmith ( <[url removed, login to view]> ), and LLBLGen ( <[url removed, login to view]> ).
Muntjac is also capable of generating *.ASCX and *.[url removed, login to view] web user controls based on the data manually entered in two simple data tables ( tables "WebUserControl" and "XREFWebUserControlElement" ).
Unfortunately, Muntjac version 0.85 is currently not documented. This purpose of this project is to write a simple trivial sample VB.NET application to demonstrate Muntjac version 0.85. In addition to writing the small VB.NET web application, a short Web Page tutorial explaining the process involved is also required for this project.
The 2 main Deliverables for this project:
(1) Download Muntjac 0.85 and talking to the original Muntjac author (via phone or instant messenger) be comfortable with using it at a high-level. The original Muntjac author (which is me) is available for as much support / consultation through out this project as needed.
Using the Muntjac code generator develop a simple page that allows a single street address to be editted and saved as a single record in an Address table in an MS SQL 2000 database table.
(2) Write a 6-12 page web tutorial on the use of Muntjac 0.85 and the creation of your sample app.
1) Complete and fully-functional sample application with complete source code of all work done along with detailed installation instructions. In additon, a web based tutorial.
Meet the project requirements in the attached with "[url removed, login to view]" ( which contains [url removed, login to view]" or the identical, except for formatting, "[url removed, login to view]" )along with the referenced files "[url removed, login to view]" and "[url removed, login to view]".
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All copyrights/intellectual property for the above must be fully assigned to the Muntjac Foundation and all work from this project will be made publically available under the terms of the GNU GPL license (<[url removed, login to view]>).
In the open source spirit, you (the author and/or author's company) will be given sole credit for all of the above work and are encouraged to insert your name/credits in all relevant web pages and source files that you create should you so choose.
It is envisioned this tutorial will be used by numerous developers world-wide as this GPL ASP.NET code generator becomes more widespread.
Windows XP, Visual Studio 2003, MS SQL 2000
Requirements to apply for this project:
* Must be experienced and proficient in ASP.NET development
* Must be experienced and proficient in VB.NET development
* Must be experienced and proficient Microsoft SQL 2000 Enterpise Manager and Query Analyzer
* Should have technical writing experience (HTML preferred)
* Possess a copy of Visual [url removed, login to view] 2003
* Possess a copy of Microsoft SQL 2000