We'd like to make some customizations / alterations to our Everest E-Commerce (by [url removed, login to view]) website to make it faster, easier to navigate, and offer more robust features.
Ideal candidates should have the following skills:
- Familiar with Everest E-Commerce a Plus**
We would like the following modifications to be performed:
**Show stock status at checkout ([url removed, login to view])****
**- Currently we have customers that load their cart from a wishlist and don't realize that items are out of stock. A simple 'Y' or 'N' at checkout next to each item would make this much easier!
**Convert the site to store Session ID using cookies instead of passing it through the URL field****
**- Everest E-Commerce uses SIDs that are passed in the URL of the browser. There is TERRIBLE for search engine indexing. We'd like to convert this so that the SID is stored in a simple cookie.
**Customized Front Page**
- The front of the site lists specials we currently have or new items. We'd like this to appear more 'dynamic' and randomly select certain products. Currently, we must change this by hand. I'd like to queue 30 or 40 products for random rotation so the site appears more dynamic.
**List View vs. Gallery View****
**-**** Another company that uses Everest E-Commerce is the inspiration for this. An example of this functionality is found here:
<[url removed, login to view]>
**Enhanced Page Information****
**- [url removed, login to view] allows users to go to the next page of items but doesn't indicate how many pages there are or how many items.
Ex. of problem:
[url removed, login to view]
Ex. of a solution:
[url removed, login to view]
Ex of problem: [url removed, login to view]
Ex of a static solution: [[url removed, login to view]]
Currently, discounts on our website are shown with a simple strike through and the lower discount price is displayed. We would like the website to show the customer the percentage that they are saving.
An example of this functionality can be found at:
<[url removed, login to view]?ic=G29&eq=&Tp>=
- I'd like a page that is a dynamic sitemap that lists all our categories and the products that fall within them. This is currently done halfway (Everest shows categories, but not the products under them).
An example of the current setup can be found at:
[[url removed, login to view]]=
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows 2003 Server
Project work will be completed on our development server using VPN, Remote Desktop, and/or FTP access.