I want to find an (existing) program which encrypts, decrypts, digitally signs, and confirm signatures using PGP or a compatible mechanism, and runs on the various MS Windows operating systems. I do not want or need email, compression, file/disk management, or any other bells or whistles.
This program should:
* Run on most, if not all, existing MS Windows operating systems
* Be easy to use by most non-technical people, i.e., Use a standard GUI, not a command line interface
* Be ompatible with the existing PGP community (i.e., Can encrypt/decrypt their data), e.g., OpenPGP
* Is "approved" or "accepted" by the PGP community, or at least uses approved components
* Offers free basic perpetual functionality (perhaps with optional fee-based upgrade), *not* just an N-day trial
Some logical places to start:
* [url removed, login to view](en)/download - Offers Windows binary, but states that it's essentially a command line program
* [url removed, login to view] - While I totally respect Phil's comment about, "Free Speech is not the same as Free Beer.", I also know the reality that people won't/can't shell out the $99 for a program when such an amount may represent a month's income in some parts of the world.
* [url removed, login to view] - Points to [url removed, login to view] , (which is actually where I first got my own PGP program), but apparently the PGP Corp. no longer offers a perpetually free program.
Logical next steps for research:
* [url removed, login to view] - Seems to be a list of "approved vendors"
* [url removed, login to view] - Another reasonable list of vendors
**Note:** This is *not* a request to write software. (Yes, I do have in mind to set that up as a project if this one yields that nothing currently exists, but that will be a *separate* project. If you're really interested in that, just say so, without bidding, and I'll invite you if there's a follow-up project.)
This would *seem* like a no-brainer! :-) I just need the URL's of the place(s) where one can download (an) existing, already-compiled program(s). Alternatively, please provide at least a plausable explanation as to why this does not yet exist.
We will retain full legal rights to the research upon completion.
* * *
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
English text. Again, no code!