I am developing a racing game in vb.net 2003.
The game engine code is all finished, but I need a set of classes to generate a track xml
file that will contain all track data.
The template for the xml file is simple. Each track has multiple sections, followed by a
The main game class looks to see if the player has finished a section, and if so, the
following curve is processed. Once the curve is finished, the next section is data is
loaded from the xml file and so on. Similarly, if a jump or crowd exists in the section,
these events are processed.
Right now, I am manually generating the track xml files using arrays for the variables.
For instance, I pass to the xml file the section data:
dblSectionDist(1) = .45
dblSectionDist(2) = .25
...and so on.
I would like to have a form that would allow me to enter in the number of sections, and
distances for each.
This form would do the same for the curves, jumps, and crowds.
Additionally, I need a class that will read the track xml data at the beginning of a race.
Finally, I need to be able to pass along the lowest lap time and fastest course times to
the track xml file.
I can do all the testing for a new low lap time, and fastest course time, in my main game
class,but I do not know enough about xml parsing to write this data to the xml file itself.
I have a solid understanding of vb.net, and I will be able to integrate well commented
classes into my code.
Thank you very much for your time.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
4. Buyer will receive a class or classes for vb.net 2003 that will generate track data in xml format from user input.
This track data includes the variable arrays listed below:
5. A class will be included that will read the track xml data so the user can assign the data to variables in their main game class.
6. A class or function will be included that will allow the writing of lowest lap time and fastest course time to the track xml file. The user will be responsible for passing the proper variables to the class or functions as necessary for processing.
The classes and functions will run on vb.net 2003.