- This is a new implementation of a multi-tenant, combo Store & Crowdfunding Platform
- Platform needs to be built as a multi-tenant system with a crowdfunding feature provided for all tenants
- Can be designed using various Bootstrap so long as the design and layout remain close to look of provided mock screenshots
- Member sites will have some limited controls but primarily controlled by parent.
- A straight forward shopping cart with a catalog for the site stores
- Data models - I do not have a fixed schema in mind but willing to help roughing in sketches as we progress.
- Relational database
- Authentication - we could use Devise for social, e.g. Google+, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
-User models: I can help a bit with fleshing out the user models
- Hosting, deployment - Heroku -- Amazon EC2 (or other).
- SSL - CloudFlare since they provide CDN services with it for a low price
- Ecommerce component must integrate smoothly with multi-tenancy component as well as rest of website.
-Transactional Mail - Mandrill,SendGrid, MailJet, Gmail, etc. can be discussed
-Static files, i.e. uploaded images - AWS
-Need also to allow for video uploads for crowdfunded campaign component.
-Suggestions on FTP , and if its even needed
-Payments - any active record merchant gateway that will work best lik:, Stripe or Amazon,etc
- Front end and AJAX , Bootstrap and jquery
- Documented code development (using RSpec or Cucumber, etc.). In-line or recorded.
- Neat and Clean Code
- Non-disclosure Agreement, Non-Compete Agreement, All rights of code base, source code, etc., and creative and ownership rights, signed before beginning.
-Brief list of post-site-build on-going costs (maintenance, server, etc.)
-TDD code methods preferred
The site will be a hub-n-spoke, multi-tenant, platform providing a combination web-store and
crowdfunding service for our members (tenants).
-It will need to have an unlimited number of sub-domain sites for members.
- Members will sign up for the service (which will provide information needed to customize a store for them)
and receive a unique url link to their site (a child site of our parent site).
-Will need way to verify member's email as an official/valid email address during the sign-up phase
- The Crowdfunding feature for each member will lie dormant until they request its activation from us (some will want to start right away).
-The member's users/customers will arrive FIRST at a landing page wherein they can select from (1) Go to the Store or (2) Go to the Crowdfunded Cause
- Each member web store will display 6-8 items with the school's mascot design overlayed (using .png images) on top to give the appearance of a printed
garment/item (these designs and items will change every 2 months).
- Ecommerce functionality for all stores
- A back end dashboard tool will be needed (for our use) or modified from existing tools, as part of this development, in order to setup and customize each store (logo, color scheme, etc.) and to control each site's functionality
- The Crowdfunding page is incentive based (printed t-shirt for donation over a set amount).
- Donations will be made by selecting from a list of pre-set denomination amounts.
- Each crowdfunded campaign does not require the goal amount to be reached in order to payout a portion of the proceeds to the member.
- As part of this development, a widget will need to be created that can be given to each member for placement on their current existing website.
This would be similar to this example: [url removed, login to view]
- Social media integration for sharing both the parent site and member's site pages with others. Fbook, Twitter, etc.
Please reference the attachments to further clarify the look, feel , function of the site. Also, please be thorough by answering in-line responses (since this will also show us you've bothered to read all these points!)