I have an inspection program on an excel spreadsheet that needs to be made into a database application that will use 3 different devices to operate.
My goal is for the user to be able to input customer and crane information on the server. Sync it with the iPaq, and be able to view reports of inspections. I need to have these reports in a nice format because they are to be printed and presented to the end customer. Also, the application needs to be well displayed (Colors, fonts, logos, etc) need to look nice.
Once you receive the job, I will work with you to explain every option that the project needs. (i.e. send excel spreadsheet, and explain in more detail about the project)
This application will be copyrighted once complete, so no GPL software can be used on this, also software cannot be replicated for someone else. Once this project is complete, I can predict that this person will also have more jobs related to this project. That developer WILL get the first opportunity to have the project.
I would also like to see some examples of prior work that may be similar so that I know that this job can be completed.
Once I receive an estimate, I will meet with them and release the funds to begin the project.
1. Desktop PC. This would act as the main server for the software. This application would have to mirror the extensive excel spreadsheet document that I have (several macros, etc.) The software would have to have some sort of way to create different templates to be used on the iPaq device (Different questions for different types of cranes). This would also need to have some sort of report generator so the inspector could print a final formatted inspection report to give to his customer. Each page must have a header file (With the customer information) as well as inspection findings. Also would need to be able to print these reports based on different variables. (Example: if the customer would need to run a report on only 1 type of variable.) I would like the project to be probably written to be able to run on Windows platforms. (No access databases please) Needs to be some sort of standalone file so no 3rd party database software has to be installed.
2. Compaq iPaq: This would be used in the field for the inspector to inspect these cranes. It will need to have the customer information already programmed into it so that the inspector would have to select the customer. The customer will already have been setup on the server, and updated to the iPaq on the last sync. It will need templates for different types of crane (Of which is also downloaded from the Desktop PC) Also (if possible) use some sort of voice recognition software to fill in some text fields. Once an inspection is complete, then he would go to the desktop PC (Server) and sync or upload this information to the server database for reporting purposes.
3. Web: I need to take the information that is completed and uploaded to a database for a user to be able to run queries on the website for different reports. I would like the application to log into the website and upload this information into the database automatically. (Do not want user to have to log into the website and upload by himself.) Need to have an admin page to create accounts for users to be able to log into the web and view ONLY their information. To be able to run queries of this information and print a formatted report from the website). Php and mySQL would be a perfect solution here I think
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows 2000, XP, Windows CE (iPaq), Unix web server.