The user would send a “SMS Short Code?? message through their cellular phone. They would enter a “Key Word?? for the directory they wanted to access. They would then enter a person or company name a the application would return the contact information. Some phones would the have the capability to automatically dial the selected number.
- The user would enter in the “To:?? field a short code “45678??
- In the “Message?? field the user would enter “Acme?? for Acme Bank
- The reply would say “Enter First and Last Name??
- The user would then enter “John Smith?? or wild card “J*S*??
- The reply would give John Smiths contact info. (Phone Numbers, addresses)
- Or the reply would list the combination for “J*S*??
- The user would then pick from the list and get back the contact information.
- If the user wanted to call the number they could automatically be connected. (Possible from a WAP browser but unsure if it can be done from the SMS on all phones)
The developer would provide a complete solution to be hosted on our server and SQL data base. The application should be able to store user statistics such as User MIN, time of day and date for transactions and what directory they accessed. The cost should include approximate pricing for implementation support. The developer may be contracted to add additional functionality to improve the “intelligence?? or look n’ feel.
The vendor would have no ownership after the solution was implemented.
Support should be available between 8am and 5 pm CST on a time and charges basis.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
SMS- Short Code
SMPP (Short Message Peer to Peer)
Can be Open Source, (My SQL, Linux)
or NT, Oracle
It will be a standalone on the network