We need the X-cart Gold, PHP shopping cart software package (currently using) to have the look and feel of a customized e-commerce site. Extensive knowledge or experience with modifications to PHP based shopping cart software or x-cart a must. Graphic design experiences an added plus.
You can view our current page here: <[url removed, login to view]>
This project has 4 main parts. 1) Build template/ redesign. 2) Design watch band database search tool. 3) Search engine optimization. 4) Miscellaneous small tasks, (setup e-mail accts, test site, etc). We have provided specifics for the site design/ template to make your job easier. It will be up to you to use creativity and color to give the design a high quality professional look (simple and clean).
Basically it is important to make the site pleasing to look at, enable the customer to find things on our site quickly & allow the customer to check-out without any difficulties (i.e remove the login screen on main pg). The watch band database search tool should be closely based on our competitors: <[url removed, login to view]>
In addition it’s critical the site is listed in the top 10 results for (yahoo, Google, etc.) the agreed upon keywords, as we sell many hard to find and specific items.
This should be a fairly basic project for those of you who are familiar with X-cart or PHP. We have a few specific requests (see deliverables) but the bulk of the work will be designing the site and the search tool. (Please see the attached zip file for specifics on the site design)
*Outstanding work will earn a bonus on this project.*
Deliverables/ goals for this project:
1. We need the X-cart Gold, PHP shopping cart software package (currently using) to have the look and feel of a customized e-commerce site. To do this we would like a custom template built. Please download latest version of x-cart before beginning work. (see attached zip file for specifics)
a. All original functions, categories, products and mods need to be modifiable in admin backend just as x-cart was designed to work.
b. Template and page design should be professional looking and creative. Template Design needs to be submitted for review, allowing time for changes before final version approval. Initial design should be submitted for 1st review with in 4 days of project start and final design should be completed no later than 8 days into project.
2. Build search tool for bands using database. (See example on competitor’s site: <[url removed, login to view]>). We need something similar so our customers can quickly find the watch band they are looking for. This watch band locater should be rather easy to design. Must be easy for us to add to categories, and search association results in backend (similar to the basic x-cart sets up). Should allow us to add and change main categories user sees when using watch band locator.
a. See attached zip file for specifics
3. Multiple image upload mod feature for product details pages. Should allow us to select and upload as many as 10 images at once to a products detail page. (This is a common mod for x-cart.)
4. Change URL from [url removed, login to view] to Collectingtimeonline.com. We own both domains.
5. Search engine optimization for at least Google, Yahoo & msn. Enable keyword search and add meta tags or other method to ensure we popup on main search engines in the top 10 for the products we sell using agreed upon keywords.
6. Setup e-mail addresses for our 3 staff members.
7. Setup ads space in specified areas to display for 5-10 seconds each. Dimensions should be appropriate for the space provided. The ads will be for our own products. We will provide the adds after size has been determined. Thus it is necessary to finish the site design prior to this task.
8. Ensure site is ready to go live. Test all functions, payment, shipping, categories, etc.
Testing: Watch band search tool should display correct search results for appropriate categories selected from drop down menus. E.g. Style=Jubilee, Type=metal, size=18mm, should display all bands that meet these specifications. All pages should have appropriate sized images as in our specifications unless we agree on changes.
All deliverables must be uploaded to Rent A Coder before the deadline(s) for this project...with no exceptions.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in working condition uploaded to the server, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
X-cart E-commerce gold 3.0 (PHP, CSS, HTML, SMARTY).
Linux hosting server