CC Communications, Inc. ([login to view URL]), a longstanding, leading website design, programming application development, and web-hosting firm is searching for one or more reliable and experienced part-time subcontractor who is smart and a quick learner to assist with a number of ongoing web-design and application development and support assignments for a variety of customers on an ongoing, at-need, hourly basis.
*Goal:* Create a development website outside of the existing server (Your local dev server or our Azure server) so we can test to see if the website will have problems using PHP 7.3 or greater.
*Concerns:* The website currently uses forms that have been built in earlier versions of PHP - Form files can be found on the contact pages of the site [login to view URL] they route the submission to a rep assigned to that area code. Source files are located here - /wp-content/themes/SpaceRay-child/php_uploads.
**Questions to answer: **
1. Do we need to update the forms or will they work as they are with the new version of PHP?
2. If we need to fix the forms, how much time and expense will that involve?
3. Can we deploy this solution on the Azure environment moving it off of Linux, how much would that cost to have you do?
4. Do you have any concerns about hosting the Wordpress website on Azure? (edited)
NOTE: The tasks describer above need to be completed by 10/29/2019.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
• Highly functional knowledge of back-end WordPress, WordPress Theme, and WordPress Plugin development and debugging, maintenance & integration, and must be fluent with the WordPress structure, setup, and the WordPress admin interface.
• Ability to write clean PHP applications outside of WordPress to interact with WordPress.
• Understanding of Microsoft Azure cloud services, Microsoft web apps, and LAMP web server environment a plus.
• Assist with configuration and maintenance of server systems and networks.
• Experience developing, testing, and supporting database-driven web applications.
• Ability to research and implement new technologies as needed.
• Ability to debug compatibility issues across browsers and devices; Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge, iOS, Android
• Experience with WooCommerce integration and customization.
• Experience with server tuning, caching and other techniques to decrease process usage and load times.
• Experience with the GitHub source control platform.
• Assist end-users with a variety of web technology-related issues.
• Develop and maintain customer-facing web sites.
• Must be physically located within the United States and must be able to actively communicate with our staff at pre-designated times between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm EDT/EST US.
• Must speak and write using clear and fluent English
• Must be available and able to communicate with staff and customers via telephone, email, Slack and/or online meetings. (Please provide your contact telephone number and email address with your application.)
• Must provide at least (3) three client or professional references and at least (3) samples of your recent work.
• Must be willing to enter into a standard non-disclosure agreement, limited non-compete agreement
• Must provide standard identification and submit to a background check if requested
• Must provide a completed W-9 form for compensation payment processing
• Must provide hourly rate and your general hours of availability during the week.