We're a boutique communications consultancy currently seeking a freelancer to help with media relations projects.
• Building curated media databases for specific clients
• Writing press releases and creative pitches, finding news angles and securing bylines
• Helping to develop media relations strategy targeting high-profile placements in online, print and broadcast media
• Managing media inquiries and interview requests
• This is a part-time contract position for ongoing work with some variation in hours from month to month
• Duties can be performed remotely
Our ideal candidate is insanely passionate about public relations, thinks creatively, knows how to tell great stories, cares about delivering high-quality work, is obsessively detailed and can handle several projects at a time.
• At least 3 years of professional work experience in PR or journalism
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Relationships with local and national media outlets is a plus
• Proven track record designing and executing successful local and national PR campaigns