I am looking for a complete sample project in VB 6 for an ActiveX control that will run inside Microsoft Word 2007/2010 (32-bit only).
Here is the functionality this sample should have:
- Ability for this ActiveX control to display a small image (a GIF or bitmap) inline in the Word document depending on a simple setting (for example a radio button selection on the config dialog)
- This object will be inserted into the document via MS Word VB Script using something similar to [url removed, login to view] ("[url removed, login to view]"). I already have an MS Word add-in, so to test this sample you can create a simple macro assigned to a keystroke in MS Word. I must be able to set the actual image via VB Script after the object is created/inserted.
- This object will flow in line with the text.
- Ability for this ActiveX control to save/load (stream) simple settings when the Word document is saved / loaded
- Ability to respond to either a double click and right click to "edit" the control by bringing up a dialog box with tabs that prompts for several simple settings (checkboxes, dropdowns, text boxes, etc)
- Can be used in Windows on 32-bit versions of Word 2003 (optional), 2007 (required), 2010 (required)
- Ability to size the object from within Word. This should stretch the image.
- Ability to expose a method that can be called from a MS Word VBScript add in to retrieve the value of the text entered in the dialog.
- Ability to expose a method that can be called to change the image of the object ... for example [url removed, login to view](1)
- The ActiveX control can be sized, and the image will be stretched to the new size.
- Ability for object to be used/inserted into a Word doc with no warnings or errors (I can sign this ActiveX object with my own digital certificate if needed)
- Ability to insert hundreds of this control on a single document with no "bad effects"
- Ability to copy/paste this control