We are setting up a working proof of concept for our project.
We aim to offer a solution ensuring an age verification before allowing end users to register or purchase tickets to an event on a WEB SITE(for example: to a concert, to a festival etc.).
The expectation is that as part of the registration process a user will be requested to upload / take a picture of a photo ID from its web browser (WEB ONLY: no IOS or Android APPs).
The system will process the picture and extract the MRZ to check that the user is above the age threshold.
There are thousands of native APPS that can do this easily but we must do the registration on the web.
There are also hundreds of open source solutions to fit our requirements and we are looking for somebody to put them together in a working scenario.
Scope for the freelancer:
● Setup of the photo ID picture pre-processing according to the requirements (cropping, un skewing etc.)
● Implementation of picture quality checks
● Detection of MRZ
● Extraction and parsing of MRZ data
● Extraction and parsing of OCR data (Current european IDs, passports and Swiss driving license)
● Saving of processed picture and data
● Possibility of using any opensource code (tesseract, opencv etc.) or even suggestions to paid solutions (TBD).
Prefered in selecting the Freelancer:
● Creation of the form compatible with Angular 6.
● Setup of interactions with databases (MySQL) and servers
● Setup of Demo customer journey
We are JAVA guys. Our environment is based on Spring boot, JHIPSTER, NGINX (angular6 and material design).