Provide a technical strategy/feasibility study. This is research.
The requirement ? We need to figure out how to -:
1. Capture a VERY small amount of video from [url removed, login to view] from within an application.
2. e.g. capture only a 15 second clip from the middle of a youtube video
3. The middle can be defined as S-mm:ss & E-mm:ss Start-time and end-time
4. We cannot use the API - start & end time are unsupported , we need to use a URL.
5. We absolutely cannot download the ENTIRE video first, and then cut it. We need to download a slice. This is a mobile mobile app
Now the hard bit
5. We need to we use a URL like this
[url removed, login to view]
We need to capture JUST that video/audio and output to a file.
This needs to be done inside an application. My initial thoughts were cranking a headless browser with Selenium and somehow capturing the video and Audio.
If this CAN be done with the API even better. But our understanding is it's not supported.